Sunday, September 23, 2007

Spoof raises awareness

The other day I read an article about mail order bride agencies (yes they do actually exist) where someone set up a website of mail order brides that were between age 13 and 22 in order to raise awareness of the problem. At first I thought it was silly to assume that this was a huge problem in the modern world but then a simple google search gave me over 2,000 websites in which a person could literally look at pictures of women then pay money to have that person shipped to the U.S. I thought this was morally incorrect...but was interested to see what other people think, I mean, lots of women people sign up for the bride agencies by free will because they need a means to achieve a goal, like being supported financially for life. I dunno, I posted a link to one of the websites just so you guys can check it out. Anyways, go take a look and tell me what you think.

No comments: